I was carried to Ohio in a swarm of bees

Tuesday, July 30, 2013


When I was very young we had a massive garden, or it felt massive at the time, to my 4-year-old self. It had a big old tree in the middle of the sloping lawn and the wild strawberries that grew by the fence. I don't remember much, but I do recall climbing the tree beside the house after dark, getting covered in sap and then crying because I couldn't get down on my own. That was the last time I had a garden. Recently, after I graduated from high school, my parents moved back into a house with a garden and every time I'm back home I love to spend time in it. No massive trees but plenty of birds and bees and things to look at.

This outfit is probably much simpler (just a nice way of saying plainer) than most that I post here. But with the heatwave simple is best otherwise I run the risk of ending up as a sweaty mess sprawled on the tiles trying to cool down (I do that anyway, but that's beside the point). I also made a small capsule wardrobe for the 4 weeks I'm away so I toned down the statement pieces and chose easier-to-match staples.

The shorts are a pair I made from fabric I picked up from a charity shop and the pattern was drafted by following the the pattern of another pair of shorts that I picked up. The fit was so perfect that I had to copy the hip to waist fit and the dart placement. Overall I made them a little more high waisted (never too high) and longer on the leg. I'd make a few slight changes to the pattern; lower the back, straighten out the front, and put a little more room in the butt area of the crotch curve.
shorts//handmade    top//People Tree    shoes//thrifted

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.