Another wedding

Monday, July 16, 2012



One of Josh's co-workers got married on Saturday, and I wore this to the wedding. I'm madly in love with this dress. I saw it on E from District of Chic a few weeks ago, and literally as soon as I saw it I clicked over to the Zara website and bought it. I never buy anything that impulsively, but it was so pretty I couldn't resist. Here's a tip for buying online from Zara - size up. I wasn't sure what their sizing was like, and didn't want to have to go through the hassle of having to return an ill-fitting garment via the mail, so I googled reviews and found out that their clothes tend to run small. I purchased a large instead of my usual medium, and it fits perfectly.

I promise I'm not looking for validation here, but I just have to say that I felt gorgeous in this outfit. Usually I feel interesting in my outfits, but this was one of the few where I felt downright pretty. And that got me thinking about body confidence. It's so common for people to complain about the way they look that no one thinks twice about it if they hear a woman say, "I hate the way my thighs look in these shorts." But to hear a woman say, "Wow, I look hot in this outfit" - well, a lot of people would call that vanity, and I think that's a shame. It's not like I'm not going to go around telling everyone how great I look all the time (because I think that would be vain, and also it just wouldn't be true), but every now and then I have a day where I'm completely satisfied with my appearance, and I'd like to be able to admit to that without feeling too narcissistic :)




Dress: Zara
Pink heels: Steve Madden from Marshall's
Sunglasses: Oscar de la Renta from TJ Maxx
Pink belt: Gap
Gold leaf cuff bracelet: In Pink

I'm linking up this post to Monday Mingle.

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.