Crazy shoes

Friday, March 16, 2012


So I did something the other day that I never, ever do: I impulsively bought a pair of $150 shoes. (I'm not saying this to brag, by the way! There's a point to this.) These shoes:


Oh, and they look like this from the side:


That's right, they're crazy shoes. And I promise you, they are ten times weirder and more striking in person.

The reason I bought them was a bit ridiculous. I'm going to be in my friend Rachel's wedding in a month, and all the bridesmaids are supposed to pick out their own spring-colored shoes. So I ordered a lovely pair of seafoam green Jeffrey Campbell wedges, but when they arrived they were too small, and when I went to re-order they were all sold out. Then I spent hours online trying to find a different pair of green shoes (since the other bridesmaids had already claimed the easier-to-find colors, like blue and pink), but I couldn't find any that I liked in my size.

Needing a break, I hopped over to the Solestruck website, and found the pair pictured above. It was instant love once I saw the side view, and I was sleepy, and feeling sick, and so tired of searching for wedding shoes that the crazy thought passed through my head: "Maybe Rachel would let me wear these in her wedding." I ordered them immediately, and when they arrived yesterday I got to laugh at myself as I realized how absurd it would be to wear these shoes to a wedding.

Unfortunately, after wearing them around the house for a good two hours, I am now deeply attached to them and can't bear the thought of sending them back. And that's why I'm telling all of this to you, dear readers: what do you think I should do? I understand that most of you would never wear these shoes - either you don't like statement shoes, or they're not appropriate for the office. Thankfully, though, I love statement shoes, and don't work in an office :) While I wouldn't wear these multiples times a week, they do go with a surprising amount of things in my closet. What do you think? Is $150 just too much to spend on a pair of crazy shoes? Should I be a responsible adult and send them back?

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.