100 Year Old Elise Relflects Upon a More Elegant Past

Friday, February 10, 2012


I ran into Elise on Madison Avenue and was shocked when she told me that she was about to turn 100 years old. I asked her about her fashion philosophy and she replied, "I miss elegance. There was a time when everyone used to dress up." I hear this sentiment a lot amongst the Advanced Style set. It makes me think of my  grandmother's, and how we used to watch old Hollywood films, filled with the most glamorous people. As a young boy I was inspired by looking through grandma Bluma's scrapbooks full of vintage photographs.Everyone in the pictures looked so elegant and well dressed.
This is one reason I am so drawn to people like Elise. After taking her photo, we exchanged phone numbers.I can't wait to share some of her collection of over 83 hats with everyone!

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.