Worn but not seen

Thursday, January 5, 2012



Sometimes I feel like my outfits are wasted if no one sees them. That's why I try to save my favorite outfits for the weekend, when we go out to eat or to church - that way, the maximum amount of people will see what I wear. Yes, it's vain of me - but isn't that what most people do? They get dressed for others. If I was stuck in a house by myself and never had visitors and never went anywhere, I would probably wear the same pair of jeans and t-shirt every day - but if someone were to come visit, you better believe I would get dressed up. Which begs the (rather facetious) question: If an outfit is worn and no one sees it, does it really count as an outfit? This outfit was seen, but only by Josh, a few people in the elevator of my building, and you guys. It's a shame, because I thought it was a solid attempt at pattern mixing, and I would have liked to wear it around certain family members who would have said things like, "What are you wearing?" "Oh my, you look interesting," and, "Well that's a new combination."



Striped top: H&M
Blazer: Forever 21
Pants: thrifted from Salvation Army
Sunglasses: Oscar de la Renta from TJ Maxx
Earrings: gift from my parents, from B. Lee Designs
Scarf: purchased from a street vendor in China

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.