The clash

Thursday, November 10, 2011



One day back in high school I wore brown pants and a purple sweater to school. As far as I can recall, they looked good together, but a friend of mine came up to me and said, "You can't wear brown and purple together!" I felt so embarrassed that ever since then, I haven't worn those colors together.

Then over the summer I tried to wear a red and pink outfit, and Josh said those colors don't go together. So I didn't wear them. But then the other day I saw Catherine seriously rocking the red and pink combo, and I thought, "Why not? Fashion rules are for wimps." So I put on my brightest red and pink, and felt quite delighted with the combo. And sure, Josh still didn't like it (and I'm still not sure if it clashes or not), but I felt very happy and Valentines Day-ish, and a lot of people on the street stared at me, which is a sure sign that I'm doing something interesting :)




Top: free from a friend of my aunt
Skirt: H&M
Tights: Forever 21
Boots: Lulu's
Earrings: free from aunt
Necklace: vintage, from my mom
Bag: thrifted

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.