Over the past few months of having a fashion blog, I've noticed a tendency of mine to be hyper-critical of the way I look in photos. About half the time that I look at my pictures after our photo shoot I say things like, "Ugh, my thighs look huge," or, "My smile looks weird," or my perennial favorite, "Why are my teeth so gigantic?" (They are, though. After he first met me, Josh's sister asked him what he thought of me. His response? "She has really big teeth." I forgave him eventually.)
Anyway, when I started looking at these photos for this post, there was a whole long list of things I didn't like about them. Then I came to an important realization: I am not a model. I have this realization about once a month, so it's nothing new, but it helps to keep me grounded. First of all, I don't weigh 110 pounds and stand as tall as my husband. I weigh a considerable amount more than that, and I have to wear 6-inch heels to be as tall as Josh. Second, I'm not in a studio with perfect lighting and makeup. Third, I'm not airbrushed. Finally - and I suspect that most of you are like me in this respect - my favorite fashion blogs are the ones where the girls running them look pretty normal. I find it intimidating when fashion bloggers look too perfect all the time. Do any of you struggle with this desire to look perfect in your pictures? Please tell me I'm not the only one who obsesses over it!
All that to say - I don't look perfect in these pictures, and I'm mostly okay with that :)
Anyway, when I started looking at these photos for this post, there was a whole long list of things I didn't like about them. Then I came to an important realization: I am not a model. I have this realization about once a month, so it's nothing new, but it helps to keep me grounded. First of all, I don't weigh 110 pounds and stand as tall as my husband. I weigh a considerable amount more than that, and I have to wear 6-inch heels to be as tall as Josh. Second, I'm not in a studio with perfect lighting and makeup. Third, I'm not airbrushed. Finally - and I suspect that most of you are like me in this respect - my favorite fashion blogs are the ones where the girls running them look pretty normal. I find it intimidating when fashion bloggers look too perfect all the time. Do any of you struggle with this desire to look perfect in your pictures? Please tell me I'm not the only one who obsesses over it!
All that to say - I don't look perfect in these pictures, and I'm mostly okay with that :)
Top: thrifted, sleeves shortened by me
Shorts: Gap jeans, cut into shorts
Shoes: Ann Taylor Loft
Bag: Urban Outfitters
Necklace: free from my mom
Bracelets: Charlotte Russe



