Tonight, I'm Cleaning Out My Closet

Wednesday, September 1, 2010



So I kind of think I have a slight shopping addiction. Last night (in a moment my type A personality decided to shine) I started categorizing and creating a list of all the items in my closet that I wear on a regular basis with details on where the item's from, its cost, and when it was purchased. While I do have quite a few items that are older that are still well loved (mostly structured pieces like blazers, vests, & pants and good quality knits) I realized that #1, I have a lot of crap, and #2, I have a lot of RECENTLY PURCHASED crap. The list of Summer 2010 purchases was ridiculously long. I half attribute this to the fact that I'm out of school and making money, so I feel that I can spend more on myself, but mostly it's my inability to avoid a deal.

What I did notice however, is that my well loved pieces that have lasted through the years were rarely ever impulse buys, sale items, or trendy pieces. This has really made me rethink my shopping strategies. I've decided that in order for me to buy something new it has to be somethign that I've wanted for a while, is well made, and goes with my relatively classic style. Sure, I'll still end up with a few impulsive trendy items, but I won't purchase anything I feel that I will grow out of style wise unless it's a good price.




top - Old Navy (Sum. 2010 $9)
skirt - Dynamite (Sum. 2010 $15)
beads - Dynamite (Wint. 2008)
wedges - Chinese Laundry (Sum. 2010 $50)



Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.