Oh la la, c'est la vie

Tuesday, October 3, 2006



Remember when I went to Paris last year?

No?

Well, I do. And its a place that has been on my mind ever since.

I went alone, as I do, and still managed to have the best time ever. I mean, how could I not? I had ten days in the City of Lights and I maximized every aspect of it. I stayed near the Eiffel Tower in a quaint hotel, as well as in a virbant hostel in the equally vibrant Montmartre area. I walked until my feet bled, saw 10 museums in 3 days, got stood up by a Parisian man, stalked by a Tunisian man and climbed the bell towers of the Notre Dame.










Of course, though I had a blast by myself (as I do)there was lot to be said about going with someone as well. Now that I have done the whole "travel Europe by yourself for three months" thing, I feel it might be nice to go back with someone.


And so it all started with one sentence in an email from Ross the other day: "Fuck it, let's do Paris." Now I'm pretty sure he meant the city and not Paris Hilton. Nonetheless, it set forth a chain of events and here I am now, blogging at work and looking at my itinerary for our Seattle to New York to Paris flights, booked for December 20th to January 3rd.
Now, we are just flying into Paris, taking the train down to Lyon to visit his sister and then fly outta Lyon to Amsterdam to Glasgow to Edinburgh just before Christmas. We'll spend a jolly week in Aberdeen/Edinburgh, perhaps take in a Hearts game, before flitting back to Paris on the 28th for 6 days of...um, sight seeing and New Years Eve.

Of course, this will all be during the dark days of winter but shut up. It's New Years in Paris, damn it. Anyway, last time I went I was sweating like a pig 24/7, so this might be a nice change of pace. Besides, wasn't it during the winter when Carrie went with that creepy old Russian guy to Paris? Not that Ross is a creepy old Russian guy or a Mr. Big. No wait. Nah, I won't go there.

I love being productive at work.
Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.