L I F E / Summer Studying / 3 Book Recommendations

Friday, June 28, 2013


 photo loveaestheticssummerbookrecommendations.jpg
Honestly, my opinion is that a lot of diplomas are overrated (not talking about the surgeons and the lawyers). Specially in creative fields, having a diploma doesn't always mean you are qualified, not having a diploma doesn't always mean you're not. It is just very important to keep educating yourself, and never stop learning. Even during summer. So here are three of book recommendations, 01 a must read, 02 my favorite and 03 my latest.

01 / But is it Art / Cynthia Freeland
This is an introduction for everyone who is interested in art theory. The book starts with a statement that sums it all up; 'This book is about what art is, what it means and why we value it'. I specially like how it is written, very clear, simple, easy and full of humor. You'll get through it in no time.

02 / My Dear Bomb / Yohji Yamamoto
One of, if not, my favorite book. It is that entirely black book, the most worn down of the bunch as it has travelled a lot and has been borrowed a lot. Every time I read it I discover new things that I hadn't payed much attention to before. Filled with short stories, quotes, letters and sketches about Yohji's life and work.

03 / White wash / Nicholas Alan Cope
My most recent book purchase, 86 pages of visual bliss, geometrical black and white images of architecture. Besides a two paragraph explanation by the author and a foreword by Rick Owens, there is no text. Although I only know the Californian landscapes through cliche images in movies, this book highlights an entirely different modern point of view.
Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.