It's what I've got

Tuesday, January 24, 2012



I will freely admit that this is an offbeat outfit - socks with open-toed heels and bright tights, pattern mixing, a gigantic slouchy sweater (from the 90's) - but I really like it. Sometimes I look at other blogs and feel disappointed that I don't do high-end designer looks, or that I don't do vintage fashion very well, or that I almost never look polished enough to work in an office - and then I have to remind myself that what I am good at when it comes to style is "bright and weird." And I know that's not a style that appeals to everyone, but it's what I've got.

The number one piece of advice I see successful fashion bloggers give to their fellow bloggers in interviews is "be yourself," and even though it's such a cliché at this point, I still like it. Obviously you need to take your surroundings into account - for instance, there are certain things you should and shouldn't wear to the office, church, funerals, weddings, etc. - but basically, I think everyone should wear whatever the heck they want. If you want to be weird, normal, bright, calm, neutral, experimental, urban, casual, dressy, high-maintenance, low-maintenance, whatever - I say go for it, even if that means you don't have as many followers as other blogs do, or (for those of you who aren't fashion bloggers) even if people give you funny looks because you're wearing something that's out of their comfort zone.




Purple sweater: free from my aunt
Floral skirt: thrifted from Village Merchants
Purple tights: American Apparel
Brown belt: thrifted from Goodwill
Gray bracelet: Self-made
Gray socks: Gap
Brown heels: Madden Girl from Macy's

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.