Denim, white and a varsity jacket

Wednesday, April 24, 2013












Continuing on the theme from my last post, of being friendly to the Earth, the story of another People Tree sample sale this past weekend. They are my weakness, so many pretty clothes for such a good price, especially considering that they're Fair Trade and organic. In fact, I end up justifying buying too much just because it's for such a good cause. At least the sample sales are only once a month! I know I won't be spending much (if any) money otherwise because I'm studying for exams and for that I don't need to leave the house. (It kills me that we're having a period of beautiful weather, right when I need to stay inside.)

I should mention the jacket I'm wearing because ever since I bought it this weekend I've hardly taken it off. I found it in the children's section but it's a small women's size; it's more structured than a cardigan but more comfortable than a jacket. Plus the grey and cream match almost everything I own. Most of all I couldn't resist the 40's/50's vibe of it. Put it on and suddenly I feel like an American teen. I plan on turning the plimsoles into saddle shoes with a little fabric paint magic (with matching tutorial of course) for that extra authentic vintage feeling, like in these photographs. I also tried to give myself 40's style lips, as instructed by the lovely Tanya. Lastly, it's also very important that I carry a comb, for impromptu hair grooming in the style of Grease:
Yeeeeeaaaah, I'm that cool...
varsity jacket//thrifted (£3.50)    organic cotton top//People Tree sample sale (£5)    shoes//thrifted (£2)    socks//old    
organic cotton skirt//People Tree sample sale (£10)    hair bow//thrifted (£1)

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.