Shorts and a blazer

Friday, May 4, 2012



This was my first time wearing a shorts-and-blazer combo, and I loved it. I felt dressy and casual at the same time. I'm still amazed at the quality of this blazer. I got it at Forever 21, which as most of you know is notorious for producing garments that fall apart after a few wears. But I could tell when I picked it up in the store last fall that it was really well made, and that's why I was willing to spend $30 on it, which is a low price for a blazer but a high price for anything from Forever 21.

The top photo is a rare thing - a photo of me smiling with my teeth showing where I don't look like a huge dweeb. (Yes, I just used the word "dweeb." In my head, it's still the '90s.) I smile and laugh all the time (and have the wrinkles to prove it), but I'm never self-conscious about it unless I see a photo of myself flashing a toothy grin. Then I get all insecure and all I can think about are how gigantic my teeth look. It doesn't help that boys in elementary school made fun of my huge teeth, and that after Josh first met me he told his sister that I had really big teeth. (And then apparently he found it necessary to tell me that after we were married. I'd be offended, but he did, after all, marry me.) All that to say...it's actually kind of a big deal that I like the photo above. Now if only it didn't look like my eyebrows were missing...

Wrinkly boots! That's what I get for only paying $10 for them...


Striped sweater: H&M
High-waisted jean shorts: H&M, thrifted from Crossroads Trading Co.
Blazer: Forever 21
Tights: Forever 21
Brown shoes: TJ Maxx
Necklace: free from a family member
Bracelet: H&M

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.