Getting ReOrganized!

Saturday, February 25, 2012


Last weekend, while I was packing to head out of town for the long weekend, my walk-in closet collapsed on my head.
While no bodies or shoes were injured, it left me pretty upset - who knew I had so many clothes that the weight of them would cause such a disaster?

my poor closet half-way through the clean out. Notice the bar on the floor? :(


So after reinforcing the structure of the closet, I thought it was time to purge & reorganize. 
The result?
 While it looks like a jumble, I assure you, it's organized!
  1. I folded all my sweaters, pants, and tank tops, and put them on the top shelf. I divided them up with very inexpensive shelf dividers from Storage Solutions.
  2. All my large bags were also put on the top shelf, and the same dividers were used to make them stand upright.
  3. Tall boots also made their way to the top shelf, and rolled up magazines were used to help them keep their shape. 
  4. Belts, scarves (which used to be shoved in a drawer!), and smaller bags, are now all hanging where I can see them for easy access. I was so surprised how many different types of hangers you can get, and all for only a few bucks!
  5. The left side hold all my tops, coats, and layering pieces organized by type and weight. I'm not the type of person who has a "summer" and "winter" wardrobe to swap out... although maybe I should be?
  6. The right side holds dresses and skirts. I'm sure I'll be sharing this space with the bf soon, so I need an alternate solution, or to downsize more..... hmmm....
  7. My pride and joy! Haha, I love my shoe collection, and I love that it's all on display now. all together, these four shelves cost me $20 at Home Depot. They were super easy to put up too!
  8. I know I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this one - but all my flats are now in a convenient basket. I can grab and go, and not worry about them taking up ridiculous amounts of space.
 I couldn't resist showcasing a close-up of my babies :)

So tell me, how do you keep your closet organized?

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.