War and Peace

Tuesday, November 29, 2011



Even though this outfit is entirely black and white, I didn't find it to be boring at all. It's got some fun pattern mixing going on, some funky space age wedges, and a gigantic furry hat that makes me feel Russian whenever I wear it.

Speaking of Russians....I just finished reading War and Peace. (Nice segue, right?) It took me four and a half months, which is longer than it's taken me to read any book, ever. I was an English Literature major in college, so by nature I love epic novels, but I had a lot of trouble with this one. On the one hand, the author Tolstoy was brilliant at creating characters who are endearingly and annoyingly human. On the other hand, he really loved to talk about politics and war strategies for hundreds of pages. It was a struggle to read, and so I feel very proud of my accomplishment of finishing this 1,400-page novel, and wanted to share it with you guys! And also, now that I've finished this book that I've been reading through for months, I'm at a loss as to what to read next, so I thought I'd ask - do any of you have any book recommendations? What are some of your all-time favorite novels?



Shirt: H&M
Jacket: Forever 21 brand from Jen Loves Kev's closet sale
Skirt: Anthropologie
Shoes: Sam Edelman Kendall wedges from Piperlime
Hat and scarf: Fred Meyer
Earrings: free from aunt
Necklace: from running the Portland Marathon
Belt: gift from my parents, from Uruguay

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.