How to dress for Coachella

Friday, April 9, 2010



I...have no idea.

Actually that's I lie. I do.

I have MANY ideas and therein lies the rub.

Coachella is in one week...the Faith No More concerts in San Francisco are on Tuesday! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Anyway, Coachella.

I'm currently trying to figure out what to pack for this trip that consists of the mild, foggy climate of San Fran and the dry desert heat of Palm Springs.

I used to just shove a LOT of clothes in my bag when I traveled and that resulted in a lot of heavy luggage. In the last few years I have whittled it down to actual outfits that are planned ahead of time. It definitely kills the spontaneity in me (which is why I bring an extra days worth of clothes) but it's also easier this way.

A lot of girls having being buying outfits specifically FOR Coachella - now I would LOVE to do this but alas - as you know - I can not. And that's fine, because I have plenty to choose from. Here is a peak into my (potential) suitcase.

So far I've figured out my FNM concert oufits (in SAN FRAN):


*Skinny jeans (which I really hoped I could fit into by now...and I "can" but they don't look as good as I wanted. Oh well, least I can do them up)
Photobucket

*Faith No More boots
Photobucket

*Bullet belt


*Faith No More T-Shirt on one night, my Tomahawk T-Shirt on another night
Photobucket

For Coachella, I really think for me it will be about being comfortable - no short hemlines, no heavy fabrics and shoes that won't kill my feet.

I know close-toed shoes are a must in the pit, which is why I am wearing the Angel Dust boots on Saturday for FNM and Muse (yes, both, again) but for the rest of the days I am thinking of taking these Jeffrey Campbell wraps from like 5 years ago:

Photobucket

These Dolce Vita ones

Photobucket

Candy Antik Batik sandals?

Photobucket

Or I may just say TO HELL WITH YOU...SHOES! And start from scratch.

For bags, I'm thinking cross-overs because they are more secure and adjustable. I only have two, both bought years ago in Europe:

Photobucket

Photobucket

For dresses, maybe this lightweight cotton C&C California dress I bought off of Erika:

Photobucket

I'm going to bring this vintage tropical dress that I bagged for $2 but have only worn once:

Photobucket

Same goes for this Rachel Pally number...might be a bit too warm though for it?

Photobucket

I love this Forever 21 dress so much but it's very, VERY short on me. Curse you long torso and large ass!!



Cute (but not cotton/breathable)
Photobucket

This Splendid dress I love and is SO perfect for a festival...but sadly, it's a bit too short in the ass. I'd have to wear shorts under it, just in case.

Photobucket

More Rachel Pally...sigh, Snow White :)

Photobucket

Actually, at the end of the day, I think THIS is the perfect Coachella outfit. Sadly, those shoes would leave the weirdest tanlines and I think I've worn that dress to death...aaahhh but I love it so :)

Karta Dress from shopbop.com

Outfits aside, here are some actual PRACTICAL things I will planning to store on me, either in my bag or in the locker I rented (you can rent lockers at Coachella...it's probably the smartest thing I'll do that whole weekend):

-- toilet paper
-- hand sanitizer
-- dry shampoo (or baby powder for absorbing sweat/oil on body/hair)
--Sunscreen
--Wet wipes
--Advil (taking two cuts down your sunburn...works on me!)
--Earplugs (some sets are loud...and/or sucky)
--Printed off list of set times for each act you want to see
-- iPhone charger
-- Flashlight (porta potties are NOT fun in the dark)
-- Bandana/Scarf (put ice in it to cool down, cover mouth when dusty, cover head)
--Snacks



PS thanks SO much everyone for your loving support on my last post. I really found it insightful how everyone of you shared your tips on how you manage their finances. Your advice PLUS reflections on your own life were very helpful :) I do know how I will survive my new budget: it just means a lot of cutting back on things that aren't essential but I'm looking forward to more thrifting, clothes swapping and just shopping my own closet!
Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.