We interrupt Vintage Dress Week with an important bulletin

Thursday, July 23, 2009


So I wasn't originally going to do this because I don't like to tout my own horn here, but considering the circumstances on my last post, I decided I will.

It's scary enough to post pictures of yourself in a bikini on your blog but even more so to be in a bikini in a national magazine. Hell, most of my friends haven't even seen me in a bathing suit!

But to hell with it...here I am in Self magazine (I picked it up at the Toronto airport while we were flying out, it was quite exciting!):





Regarding the comment in my last post: Normally I would ignore the haters...if someone called me "fat" I wouldn't say anything, but when you make fun of a disabled person, you're pretty much going straight to Hell, lol. It's sad that there are pathetic, petty people out there who get off on making fun of others, anonymously too I might add. It's even more pathetic when such a person takes a dig at someone for their disability...I mean, could it be more obvious, more desperate? It's like they are grasping wildly for anything to bring me down. Nice try.

That's why I am posting this today, because I am proud of these damn scars on my feet and the years of pain my disability has put me through. Hell, I wouldn't be where I am today (in a magazine, no less) without them. You can make fun of my legs but I think they suit me just fine, you can tell me I have cankles (ironically my ankles are very slim and what does jut out is broken bone due to surgery - not fat, you fucktard) and you can tell me that you think I make every pair of shoes I wear look bad.

But I'm not going to agree with you - and I'm not going to stop buying awesome shoes and I certainly won't stop showing them off. What I will agree with is what everyone else is thinking: you must be a sad, jealous person to make fun of someone for a disability. The fact that I've lost weight, am in a magazine which showcases my strengths and said disability and have a lot going for me right now only hammers this point home. So say what you want - hidden "somewhat" anonymously in my comments like the coward you are, after all the more you try and "insult" me, the worse you look.

And the better I look. After all, I figure if I've got some haters, that means I must be doing something right with my life! So thank you for that assurance. I am actually...well, flattered.

Back to the dresses! Ok, this is a cop-out because I thought I was buying a vintage dress...it said it was at any rate. But then looking at the label I realize that Blue Plate isn't a vintage brand. Regardless, I wore this mexican-inspired number with my saucy new Antik Batik sandals. I was eyeing these babies for a very long time, not willing to shell out over $200 for sandals though - but when they dropped in price, I snapped them up. FEET CANDY!!






Dress:Blue Plate; Sandals: Antik Batik; Sunglasses: Marc Jacobs

And one more good note:



YAY! Our weather couldn't be better :)

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.