Vintage Dress Week Lookbook #5 - Sienna Miller Swinging 60's Style

Monday, July 27, 2009


This dress isn't normally my style - but when I saw it on Ebay I got a rush of inspiration. Suddenly I saw myself as Sienna Miller, pairing the dress with some kicky 60's flats, bouffant hair and freckles.

Upon trying the dress on though, I realized the slits up the side were rather high, so I'd only be wearing the dress with another skirt underneath or with leggings. Also, there is no stretch to the fabric and no buttons or zippers so when you put it on, be prepared for it to stay on until you have someone help you out of it!




















Dress: Vintage; Leggings: Aldo; Sunglasses: Marc Jacobs; Puzzle nappa flats: Kate Spade; Jewelry: Forever 21

Hope you all had a great weekend - it has just been roasting here. It's never normally humid in Vancouver but it sure is now. We even had the most epic lightening storm Sat night, the sky turned a fiery red colour and people saw more than just fireworks at the annual celebration of light. 12,000 lightening strikes were reported in the province and two people were even hit. I love extreme weather - almost thought about going into meteorology.

This week we are pushing the heat barrier - Its going to feel like 40C/90F for the rest of the week. To those ignorant people who think Canada is a cold place, think again! OK yes the East is cold in the winter but it's safe to say the whole country gets mega hot in the Summer. Vancouver (the West Coast) is usually pleasant, maybe highs of 25C but 40C is ridiculous! I love it though - heat waves really signal summer to me and so far it hasn't disappointed!


credit: katkam.ca

There was no "altering" to these photos...the sky really was that orange!







I also felt very old this weekend; A familiar-looking guy approached me in town and said "You're Karina, right? I used to party at your house, back in the 90's"

LOL. It's true - I had awesome parties, "back in the 90's." What a crazy decade :P

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.