Vintage Dress Week Lookbook #3 - a 70's summer

Wednesday, July 22, 2009




When I bought this dress I honestly wasn't expecting much.

After all, I won the auction at 99cents and even postage was less than $3, making it one of the cheapest things I have ever bought/won on Ebay. Even when I saw the dress displayed it didn't look like much. But that silly voice inside me said, "99cents! You can't lose!"

And you know what, that voice was right (finally!). This 70's dress is awesome. It doesn't even need a belt (I just threw one in there for the hell of it), you don't need a bra and it's one of those slip it on and out the door you go, kinda dresses.

I decided to pair it with my lion "doorknocker" earrings (clip ons, how retro :P) and new glady/cagey heels. Sadly the shoes are one-size too big for me, which results in wobbly steps but I'm considering taking them to my favourite cobbler and see what he can do with it, perhaps tighten the straps near the front or add an inch to the toe area with permanent insoles.

Light makeup, braids and the fading light in the front courtyard added to the 70's summer glow.



















Dress: Vintage; Shoes + Earrings: ASOS; Belt + Bangle: Forever 21

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.