Vintage Dress Week lookbook #1 - the blanket dress

Monday, July 20, 2009


A whole slew of vintage dresses came in the mail last week. Normally, I'm not that adventurous...meaning, I love vintage until it comes time to wear it out in public. Then I get cold feet. Don't know why exactly - I love the history and the time periods of the vintage I wear but I also don't want to look like I'm wearing a costume either.

So instead of admiring my dresses and then putting them away, I decided to wear them immediatley - there's nothing to be afraid of!

And thus Vintage Dress Week was born - every post this week will be devoted to a newly acquired vintage dress. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But you get to come along for the ride anyway!

Today's dress: a blanket.

Seriously, I saw this dress - styled with a red belt - on Ebay and thought it was very cozy looking. I loved the appliques of the blackbird.

Well, when I got it, it didn't come with the belt and was shaped like a blanket. Even the material is blanket like. I am convinced someone took a blanket and cut slits for a head and arms to fit through.

Anyway, this is my Blackbird Blanket Dress - the vintage-styled belt helped keep things in tune and the boots made it funky. I think, anyway.














Dress: Vintage; Belt: ASOS; Bag: Rafe; Boots: Modern Vintage; Sunglasses: Marc Jacobs

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.