Inspired By: David Bowie

Tuesday, July 14, 2009



David Bowie has been a constant fixture in my life. Growing up, my brother was obsessed with Bowie...and today he actually kinda looks like him. I, in turn, was constantly exposed to Bowie - though perhaps more the 80's sounds of Let's Dance (I was an 80's child) and watching Labyrinth weekly. Oh, you could not get King Jareth's crotch out of your mind.

Now though, with my deep love of Classic Rock, I find myself listening to more and more DB each day. Suffragette City. Space Oddity. Fame. Under Pressure. China Girl. Changes. Rebel Rebel. Ziggy Stardust. Ashes to Ashes. And of course, Heroes. And one of my faves, Golden Years.

But aside from his amazing talent as a singer and songwriter, Bowie is equally well known for his flamboyant and innovative stage personality and outrageous fashion choices. Least that was back in the day...he is now dapper, handsome man, married to the very fashionable Iman.









I'm not wearing what Bowie would wear - obviously, I don't possess full length star print lycra suits - but I feel like this is something a club kid would have worn to one of his shows in the 80's. Let's Dance!








SPIDERS FROM MARS?












LEATHER SKIRT: Vintage; BAG +SHIRT: Forver 21; HEELS: Helmut Lang; CHAIN NECKLACE (as belt or bracelet): French Connection



Oh yeah, it has been brought to my attention that I am in the new issue of SELF MAGAZINE! Yep, little ol' me. Nothing too exciting though, except the article was supposed to come out LAST August in 2008. So a lot of time has passed. However, thanks to my extreme willpower and determination, I managed to lose NINE pounds since July 1st...you know, when I posted that bikini picture? This one?


Well, here is me now - this morning.



You yourself probably can't tell a difference, but I sure can. I'm less puffy and everything is tighter AND flatter.

How did I do it? Well, I'm not quite done yet. I've got another 5 pounds to go to my goal weight. But anyway, my methods are what some consider "mad" and it is quite controversial, which is why I didn't blog about it until after it was over. Then I could give my honest opinion and advice on the matter (Oh, I know a lot of you already know what it is...Hell, it's even in the actual magazine I am in! Albeit they warn you NOT to do it....BUT I have a thorough rebuttal to that, brought on by my recent personal experience, as well as advice from an amazing nutritionist/life guru).

Anyhoo, that's for next post ;) The bottom line is I feel healthy, great and in shape and am looking forward to a healthier eating plan.
Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.