Yipes, Stripes

Wednesday, April 8, 2009


Anyone remember Fruit Stripe Gum? The stripey, trippy gum which flavour lasts about 30 seconds before it tastes like you are chewing on a pen cap, the one with the Zebra mascot named "Yipes" who encouraged kids to play soccer and/or annoit themselves with the free tatoos that came in each packet?



The gum is still around, though increasingly hard to find, but it's the first thing I thought of when I saw this Forever 21 dress (nee, Heritage 1981, which I never had before but figured I should since that's the year of my birth). Well, that and summer - this dress just screams summer to me.

Photobucket

But since it's not summer yet - though yesterday almost felt like it - I tried to keep it warm with tights and a cardy. I escaped on my lunch hour to have lunch with the stylish Robyn and her uber-stylish sister (whose b-day it was yesterday, along with my bf's).

Photobucket
Robyn and I


Photobucket
Jaclyn


Now, I actually think Robyn is just as stylish as her younger sister - you'll see some pics next week after the wedding we are going to this weekend (no pressure Robyn) but I think B-day girl had it going on yesterday. One of those outfits I can appreciate knowing I couldn't really pull it off. After all, I'm inspired by Candy.


What do you think, fellow readers?

Maybe we could go and buy some wholesale clothing and get a bunch of outfits in the colors on the package, get a bunch of people, and create our own giant colorful rainbow of people Fruit Stripe package!






Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dress: F21/Heritage 81; Suede n' patent flats: Juicy Couture; Stud bracelet: F21; Unicorn necklace: ASOS; Bag: Coach; Cardigan: ASOS


Speaking of this weekend, I'm uber excited for the wedding we will be attending. I get to reunite from all my old chums from Journalism School and pardy hardy like we did back in the day. I haven't seen some people since 2006, that's nutso! I'm also excited to be taking a wee road trip to the wedding as it is in the sunny, hot and dry Okanagon town of Penticton. I'm looking forward to great scenery and fabulous wineries - but no Absinthe. I don't want a repeat of last year's gong show to Penticton where Mike and I proceeded to get wasted/high and break the law :S it's a hilarious story though!

Anyhoo, my dilemma for this weekend is...what to wear? I'm leaning towards what I wore on New Years a year or two ago because I love the dress (BCBG Max Azaria) and I never ever get a chance to wear it. What do you think? Too fancy or just right? I was thinking of pairing it with my blue/white marc jacobs wedges, to keep it more casual, either that or black tights, black heels and a black cardigan (the one above), anyhoo I would love to know what you think. And Karisa, since it's your wedding, do let me know what YOU think :P


Without the red accents and the lovely blonde beside me

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.