Summer sandals

Friday, April 24, 2009


Photobucket

These Cocobelle sandals just arrived today from Shopbop.com and I had to try them ASAP, even though it's not exactly Summer yet :P I rolled up my pantlegs, ran out of the office for a few minutes and enjoyed the summery feeling. Then I felt the pain - you know the pain of the first thong sandals of the year, how that delicate skin in between your toes just isn't used to it? There's also plastic covering that part (attached to the shoe) so I'm not too sure how well the break-in process is going to go.

That aside, I love these sandals. The colour is fab and the ankle cuffs not only take the edge off of my scars but they don't chop my feet off either - they are the kinda sandals you'd see worn with a golden maxi dress on the islands off of Turkey.

I also got a House of Harlow gladiator cuff which is gorgeous! Only problem is that it can easily slip off my wrist, which is odd cuz Nicole Richie made this bracelet and her wrists are TINY so I kinda thought it would be otherwise. No matter, I'm just shoving it up my arm this time.

Photobucket

Of course as these additions arrived at my work mid-day, this is what I looked like before work - finally taking advantage of casual Friday!

Photobucket

Jeans: Mavie; Tunic shirt: Forever 21; Belt: ASOS; Huge bag: Chinese Laundry; Shoes: Tory Burch Reva Flats; Huge aviators: Forever 21


But that wasn't all that arrived! I finally got my package from Beautyticket.com, which Budget Babe turned me on to. Fabulous make-up at heavily discounted prices, such as:



Sue Devit Starlights clear water eyeshadow - been wanting to try this for YEARS! Looks a lot more subtle on the eye than it does in the bottle though.




Deluxe Beauty Elastic Gloss in Dean - love this colour!



And the Joey NY SoBe Sunkissed Bronzing Makeup pallette. I got more Deluxe gloss and Smashbox cream liner and eyebrow powder as well (they were like $6 each or something) :)

Anyhoo, productive day, girly stuff wise. I'm looking forward to going home and having a BIG glass of red wine. Oh, and then go see The Killers after that - should be a nice way to spend a Friday evening, even though part of me wants to nap instead :P

Alas, question time before I leave....

Reader Question: What is the oldest piece of clothing in your closet? Do you still wear it and why haven't you thrown it out? My Mavi jeans pictured above are 5 years old and still kicking, however I have a denim shirt I've had for well over ten years (bought in a mall in Sherman Oaks, California when I was 15 or 16 - though the pic below is from 2006, in Sognefjord, Norway):

Photobucket

Happy Weekend :)
Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.