Wild Thing

Friday, February 13, 2009









Zebra cardigan and unicorn necklace: ASOS; pencil skirt, patent skinny belt and tank: Forever 21; Beatle booties: Louboutin




The Outerwear - Bag: Mat N Nat; Grey Collar Jacket: ASOS...new coat, on sale, love the collar detail and the nice change from black. Can't help but love grey!



As you can see, you can't get too creative at my work with a self-timer so I apologize for lack of quality and originality.

I've spent the first few days this week sick with a flu-type things...feeling uber rundown, tired, sicky poo etc. And for the last time NO I am NOT pregnant, lol. It sucks because it took a huge chunk out of my exercise time and not as much out of my eating time. I did get a lot of sleeping done but sadly I'm still not feeling 100% - and I need to be by tomorrow for VALENTINE'S DAY.

Before I go into that though, I'll just say that I have been sporting sleek pencil skirts at work this week because I have a feeling the more people notice my clothes, the less seriously I am taken here. I know I touched on this in the comments of my last post when a co-worker mentioned how I was able to get away with my flouncy floo dress because it was Casual Friday.

This irked me because how does wearing a flouncy dress mean "casual" - does it not mean a million steps up from that? As in FANCY. FANCY FRIDAY, maybe.

Damn it, I'm gonna start having my own Fancy Fridays now.

Anyhoo, it irked me also because I often wear pretty flouncy dresses. None are risque and all are polished and put-together, like some 1950's secretary (OK those snake tights were pushing that envelope). So does that mean I'm secretly being judged for not wearing "business" attire?

Who cares right? I know - she's a 300 pound mess anyway who constantly tells me how stressful my job is and "gooood luck" just because she had the position years ago. I can't help it if she's a panting stresscase - my position is just fine, thank you.

Anyway, I will continue to wear flouncy pretty dresses - just remembering to mix it up with sleeker ensembles every now and then.

Like this cardigan and pencil skirt combo. Yeah, my butt and thighs are a bit too big for this look (at the moment) but I do have to say, I feel sleeker dressing sleeker. I swear to God, I look much sleeker too when I'm not on camera. But who knows, it could be a mind over matter thing. All I know is that I'm slowly getting there - just not quite ready for pants....yet.

Right, on to Valentines Day....I hate V-Day.

I hated it when I was single and I hate it as a couple.

I hate how it gives girls an excuse to brag about how RICH and THOUGHTFUL and AWESOME their guy is....even though he's only rich, thoughtful and awesome for that ONE day of the year.

My guy doesn't have money. He can't help that -he's an artist and he's young. I'm just glad he doesn't live at home anymore. So we don't do the fancy restaurant thing, he doesn't give me jewlery...I'll be lucky if he can give me a bottle of wine. But whatever he doesn't do, I know it's OK because he is an amazing man every other day of the year. I just don't go bragging about it.

So this year I decided to say FUCK YOU V-DAY - why do we have to leave it in the man's hands? It's a "holiday" of love, so why aren't women doing nice things for their man, why is it expected to be the other way?

Yeah, I know there is "Steak and BJ Day" but I feel fucking sorry for the man who only gets steak and a BJ one day out of the year! Should be a weekly thing.

Anyway, I took matters into my own hands and I decided to take charge. I booked a romantic cottage on an nearby island. It has it's own hardwood deck overlooking the ocean and pool and gourmet breakfast served at your door in the morning. It's isolated, in fields and forests, surrounded by the sea, yet close enough to civilization that we can enjoy a romantic gourmet Italian dinner at a nearby bistro. There will be lingerie and dressing up like a magna schoolgirl and chocolates and champagne. And even better, the feeling of just getting away from it all, even just for a night.

We'll end up splitting the costs 50/50, maybe more on my end and less on his. It doesn't matter. I just wanted to do something special for both of us and to not depend on him for everything. It takes two.

Sure, it would be nice to have a guy who spends his money on you, lavishes attention on this one hokey day. But I would rather have a penniless guy who would never cheat on you, never hurt you and treat you like gold every day of the year.

Of course, there are the few girls who get the whole package. To them I say: I guess you can have everything...bite me. :)
Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.