Man Stylings

Friday, February 27, 2009



I thought I would do a wee post about my friend Josh because I think "Man Style" is greatly underated and doesn't get as much attention as it should (though thanks to people like Scott and his site The Sartorialist, they are getting their time in the sun).

Josh knows what he wants and craves things just as I do. For the longest time he's been looking for a great leather jacket - searching high and low - and BAM finds the perfect one at H&M with all the minute details he dreamed of. He's also been looking for men's boots - you know, just like women's ones, to the knee, brown leather, that sort of thing - but here in Vancouver it's hard to find. In fact, we spent a few hours searching online and couldn't really find any man boots that went above the ankle and didn't make you look like a cowboy.

Josh is the youngest brother of my best friend, whom also has great style (though that may be because she is the recipient of all my hand-me-downs ;).

Josh is also not afraid to push the envelope - he tried on women's jeans once, by accident, and then ended up buying them. Now when he can't find exactly what he wants in the men's section, he'll hit up the woman's and as you can see, those painted on jeans were a great choice (minus the little heart detail on the pocket, lol). Paired with an H&M jacket and John Fluevogs, he's looking down right "Springy."

Of course a lot of gay men have inate fashion sense and style but I always admire Josh because, even at 20, he wears it all with confidence.

That's not to say straight men don't have it down too. I really admire my boyfriend's style, a little bit classic, a little rock n' roll.:









He's not afraid to take risks either, but as you can see he usually waits till Halloween.





Though on that note, Josh isn't one to shy away either ;)



Who are the stylish men in your life (or are YOU a styley man yourself)?
Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.