Valentine's Day Rant

Thursday, February 14, 2008



I hate this day.


It doesn't matter if you are in a relationship or not, it sucks.


My boyfriend is broke. He knows it, he hates it, I know it, I hate it. But there isn't much we can do about it so we just accept it and move on.


Then days like today come along, with girls bragging about what their "wonderful" boyfriends have bought them....flowers, chocolates, gifts, trips, expensive dinners, etc.


It just puts so much emphasis on what is NOT important. These material things that mean nothing at all. These girls forget that most of the year, their boyfriend is a douche bag, and on this one day, suddenly an expensive meal makes up for the fact that they never call her back, or get too friendly with other girls when drunk, or never take out the garbage, or never put in any effort into the relationship or never make them feel like they are the most important thing in their life.


Last year, my (ex) boyfriend did something very nice for me. He bought me a trip to the spa, plus cheesey balloons and flowers. My boyfriend this year probably won't give me anything.


But what I have learned is that I would rather have a man who perhaps can't spend any money on me but treats me like absolute gold EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR than a man who gives me gifts but can't even give me his heart.


So shame on you, Valentine's Day, for emphasizing the shallow side of relationships and ignoring that deep down, what we really need on this day is someone's heart....and not one that is filled with expensive chocolates.

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.