Serial Monogamists = scared to be single?

Monday, February 4, 2008



Just thought I would throw out there...

A friend of mine and her bf recently broke up (not the couple I have been talking about lately though). It's been a few weeks and already the girl has found a new boyfriend.

Now, I have to ask this, but why are some women so afraid of being single?

This friend has never been single for more than a month in the 10 years I have known her. She just goes from guy to guy to guy. And sure, the relationships have already been pretty long, she's not so much of a "slut" but still, way to rack up the numbers in your bedpost.

I've noticed this happening a lot, with other girls that I know and I just don't understand it. Maybe it's because I've been single for three years at one time, I don't feel I need a man to be "complete,"...I don't know. But so many girls just go from one relationship to another, without having any time spent truly on their own.

Are they entering these relationships honestly liking the guy, or are they just afraid to be alone? I mean, how can you "love" or "really, really like" the last guy and then a month later suddenly you "love" or "really, really like" the next guy? In my world, REAL feelings take time to develop. When you flit from "Oh he's the one" to "oh, HE'S the one," to "Yeah, this guy is the one too," how can any of those feelings be anything but shallow?

Do they think society will look down upon them if they don't have a guy in their lives? One girl just hops from bed to bed to bed hoping that soon one of the guys she lays will want to have her for more than a one-night stand. I tell her, "just ENJOY BEING SINGLE! Who you are is not dependent on who you are WITH! Having a guy in your life does not make you better than anyone else."

And this seems to happen more with girls than with guys. Sure, most guys will go out and get laid on occasion, but they aren't as likely to freak out and go, "OH MY GOD, I'm single! Quick I better get a woman, I don't know how to live with just ME!"

Now, I do know a few guys who actually are like that, so I am not saying it's just a girl thing. It just seems to happen more.

Anyway, I just wish women weren't so afraid to be alone. So many won't even go traveling if they don't have someone to go with...you know what? If you wanna go somewhere, GO ALONE! If you use common sense, it wont kill you and you will have a guaranteed blast.

It seems like in this day and age that so many people are connected to each other by blogs and facebook and dating services, "being alone" has become some sort of plague to be avoided.

It's not. You are born alone and you will die alone. Try spending sometime with YOU and once you get to know YOU, you'll never feel alone again.

Disclaimer: I am aware that I started going out with my current love only two months after the last one dumped me. This was out of the blue and a relationship was not what I was looking for. In fact, I was looking forward to having the freedom of being single and moving on so quickly did throw me for a loop. I am glad I lucked out like that, but had my love never showed up in my life and I was still single now, I know I would NOT be dating and would just be single and living my awesome life. By myself. And keeping an eye open for any opportunities that come along when you are busy making other plans

Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.