The Bad Side of Being Good

Tuesday, January 16, 2007


So I made Nigella Lawson's "Antioxidant Salad" today.



I cut up some yummy mango, tackled my first pomengranate (did you know it's just all seeds?), threw in some blackberries and added a splash of lime juice.

All the bright colors and the delicious taste made me agree with Ms. Lawson's testimony. I could eat this for breakfast, lunch and tea, and yes I did feel great and wholesome while eating it. The pomengranate, berries and mango are just packed with heart-disease fighting, cancer-ceasing antioxidants and I felt them surge throughout my body.

Then I felt a little sick. A bit dizzy and short of breath. And then my stomach screamed in protest. It went through me like a shot.

Fast forward to ten minutes ago. I just made myself a second bowl.

Once again, I can feel something surge through me. Kind of swirling through my veins, making my hands cold, my head float and my vision become just a tiny bit blurry.

So I just have to ask Ms. Lawson...What the Hell is in this salad?

Is it possible that I am allergic to pomengranates? Is it because I'm on a no-sugar health kick and the fruit sugar is surging through my body? Is it because I haven't eaten much today? Are antioxidants really related to marijuana?

Now I'm staring at the half-eaten bowl and too scared to eat the rest. I might just see pink elephants.

***
In related news, my health-kick might be slightly derailed. While traipsing through town today I stumbled upon these:

Yes, that's right, my mission to find Macarons in Vancouver has ended. My mission to eat them, however, has only just begun.
Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 FasHion sToRe All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.